Monday, January 9, 2012

Things We Learn


As I tell my mom the stories of life as newlyweds, she cracks up and then Im sure tells her friends. It really is very comical, day to day life with a my new lifelong roommate. We each have had our own paths up until October 8th, the day we said I do. Now we are on one path, figuring out things together one adventure at a time.

The key is to make sure we are walking side by side, hand in hand with every tiny, large, miniscule, ginormous & unimportant decision. Who does the dishes? Who takes out the trash? Who cleans the grout when someone spills jelly on it? Who kills the spider, the one who finds it or the one who has bigger muscles?

If we do not claim each other as partners & continue to make independent decisions, this will turn into a three-legged race with no finish line in sight. We will both be exhausted & fried, and dying to cut that knot we tied. Lets stay away from that.

Pray. Where will we live? We prayed. And God blessed us with a home. Where will we work? We prayed. And God provided us jobs in a down economy. When should we have kids? We pray. And He is so far telling us to wait. How should we spend our money? We pray. And we tithe & budget as wisely as possible.

God has answered, He always has. His guidance is priceless, valuable beyond compare. After praying we have seen the holes in decisions we were about to make, and things have been made clear. We know that we are stewards of His belongings, His home, His money and He intrusted us with these things.

Everyday, this is what I've learned.

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your blog. I love all the practical advice and scute stories. And in a way I feel like it helps me prepare for my future a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this.
    You are destined to lead a beautiful, happy, and meaningful life Bri. and you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Chantelle your comment made me smile, glad to possibly help you prepare for the future!

    ReplyDelete