Friday, November 18, 2011

Those Darn Napkins

Every year since 2006, my parents host Thanksgiving. It has always been one of my favorite holidays, & when my Grandma passed away it was difficult to see how this day could ever be the same. She made the best everything, even though it was simple, it was great.

So now the job is up to my mom & I to set the table and make this day special for our entire family. My mom does an amazing job, her table is always the most beautiful and creative that I have ever seen.

For one reason or the other my mom loves to set out silk asian print napkins. I have no idea why. And every year I give her a hard time about it. Why would you have an asian place setting for an American holiday? Beats me. But just one more thing that makes my family unique I guess.

So this year I sent her a bunch of ideas to squash the asian table setting (pun intended...ha!) from Martha Stewart's endless list of ideas. Including these:


Corn husk tea lights


Acorn napkin ties


 The one she picked was pears that we will have on each table setting with everyone's name tags on them. So cute!

Maybe the napkins will go eventually. I hope they do. But for now I will do my best each year to introduce a "traditional" element, so that those darn napkins just wont match everything else.

Here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment